A new week is here, I hope you had a nice weekend!
Yours truly had an outright grouch-attack on Saturday, I tell you sometimes it’s not easy being a woman. I seem to have these days in the course of the month where I want to go on a long run or take up boxing or even breaking a dish would do, seriously. Overall I have such a blessed life and am really spoiled in a lot of ways, so I usually chalk it up to good ol’ hormones, but it’s still annoying and I wish I’d learn how to handle myself better…my poor husband.
I want to learn more about different foods that can help or to avoid — natural ways to be a nicer woman. : )
I wonder how many other women have “anger issues” or if there’s only a small percentage of us who struggle in this area?
On a happy note, Steve took the boys after we went to church so I could go to a health food store and get some stuff to experiment with this GAPS diet for Wesley mainly, though I bet our whole family could benefit from it.
However, I really don’t think we’d be able to fully follow the diet (take a look, it’s hard hard!) but what I’ve read so far is fascinating and appears to have merit so I’m going to try to implement some aspects of it and see if it helps a little.
I know that’s not the way to do the diet if you want to see the results they talk about, but Wesley doesn’t have any serious health issues or challenges (just sensitive and spirited) so that’s why I’m taking a casual and loosely applied approach.
It does seem very promising if you’ve been looking for something to help your little one or big one or yourself and you’re willing to do the hard work involved.
This week’s gifts:
210. homemade sourdough bread
211. growing in understanding my kids needs
212. money to buy some health food
213. finished an excellent book “Seven Days That Divide The World” by John. C. Lennox
214. being reminded that I need God’s Light to see anything properly (otherwise I merely stumble in darkness)
215. the nourishment and healing that healthy foods provide
216. cooler days to look forward to
217. Devin getting a ride to school
218. the gift of forgiveness after I’ve let anger out (in bad ways!)
A happy, healthy and anger-free weekend to you friends!